from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who grouses; a grumbler
- n. A temporary pile driven into the bottom of a river to hold a boat in position; a spud
- n. A protrusion on the surface of a wheel or continuous track segment, intended to increase traction in soil, snow, or other loose material
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pointed timber attached to a boat and sliding vertically, to thrust into the ground as a means of anchorage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A temporary pile or heavy iron-shod pole driven into the bottom of a stream to hold a drilling-or dredging-boat or other floating object in position.
Sorry, no etymologies found.