from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or resembling nacre (mother of pearl).
- adj. Exhibiting lustrous or rainbow-like colors.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or resembling, nacre; pearly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of, resembling, or pertaining to nacre or mother-of-pearl: as, a nacreous luster; a nacreous layer.
- Producing or possessing nacre, as shells which have a certain luster or lustrous layer on their inner surface.
- In bacteriology, applied to colonies which are of a translucent, grayish-white color with a pearly luster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of or resembling mother-of-pearl
- adj. having a play of lustrous rainbow colors
Sorry, no etymologies found.