from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lying close to water or ground level: low-lying coastal areas.
- adj. Situated below the normal height or altitude: low-lying deserts of central Arizona.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Referring to places that are lower than nearby areas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having a small elevation above the ground or horizon or sea level.
- adj. at a low elevation above sea level.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a small elevation above the ground or horizon or sea level
- adj. lying below the normal level
Sorry, no etymologies found.