from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is professionally employed to add writing to something (as a sign, shop window, etc.)
- n. A particular profession in the production of comics, an artist specializing in neatly writing written material such as dialogue.
- n. A device for printing letters of text.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes, inscribes, or engraves, alphabetical letters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who letters; one who marks or cuts the letters of an inscription, a title, or the like: as, a book-letterer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a painter of letters
Sorry, no etymologies found.