from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that conducts an auction.
- transitive v. To sell at auction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who conducts an auction on behalf of a vendor, taking bids to find the best price for the vendor.
- v. To sell at an auction; to auction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person who sells by auction; a person whose business it is to dispose of goods or lands by public sale to the highest or best bidder.
- transitive v. To sell by auction; to auction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose business is to offer goods or property for sale by auction; the crier who calls for bids and strikes the bargain at an auction; a person licensed to dispose of goods or property by public sale to the highest bidder.
- To sell by auction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agent who conducts an auction
- v. sell at an auction
From auction + -eer (Wiktionary)