from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A pidgin language based on French and used in parts of North Africa and the Mediterranean.
- n. A member of a (possibly Turkic) people or tribe who lived around the Caspian before the arrival of the Avars.
- proper n. The (probably Turkic) language spoken by these people.
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. Any of several places in Azerbaijan with names spelled (in the Azerbaijani alphabet) Sabir or Səbir.
From Lingua Franca sabir ("know"), in Molière's Le bourgeois gentilhomme, probably from Spanish saber, ultimately from Latin sapere. (Wiktionary)
Cognate to Greek Σαβίνος, Σάβιροι. (Wiktionary)
From Azeri. (Wiktionary)