from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who draws and serves liquor for customers; a bartender.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One whose business is to tap or draw ale or other liquor; barkeep
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose business is to tap or draw ale or other liquor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person employed in a tavern to tap or draw beer or ale, or other liquor, to be served to guests.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tavern keeper who taps kegs or casks
Sorry, no etymologies found.