from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hawker of small wares, as on the streets or at a carnival.
- n. One who makes aggressive selling or promotional efforts.
- n. One who delivers commercials on radio or television.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A salesman, especially, one who aggressively markets wares from a street stall, or a carnival or side show act.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an aggressive salesman who uses a fast line of talk to sell something
- n. someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals)
pitch + man (Wiktionary)