from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long, narrow, flatbottom fishing boat having a centerboard and one or two masts, each rigged with a triangular sail.
- n. An alert, quick-witted person.
- n. A sharper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An alert person.
- n. A knowledgeable fisherman.
- n. A swindler.
- n. A long, narrow fishing boat used in shallow waters.
- n. Abbreviation of sharp-shinned hawk.
- n. A member of a youth gang of the 1960s and 70s.
- n. A felt tipped marker pen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A long, sharp, flat-bottomed boat, with one or two masts carrying a triangular sail. They are often called Fair Haven sharpies, after the place on the coast of Connecticut where they originated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as sharpy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shallow-draft sailboat with a sharp prow, flat bottom, and triangular sail; formerly used along the northern Atlantic coast of the United States
- n. an alert and energetic person
- n. a professional card player who makes a living by cheating at card games
- n. a pen with indelible ink that will write on any surface
A poor nerd (you can recognize them by the Autobot/Decepticon logos stencilled onto their brown paper lunch bags in sharpie).
The sharpie was a parting gift for the lucky fan who caught it.
With buckshot, you can take a shot, go circle the hits with coloured "sharpie", take another shot, circle with a different coloured sharpie, etc ...
From the home page on, links take visitors to Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and the search page for the term "sharpie," which returns groups set up by customers and fans.
For the first bagel, I have them draw the indicated lines with a "sharpie".
However, if there's one other thing that is synonymous with "sharpie" it's "inky bleed through".
In addition to the 2008 model line there will be some very special bikes in the Ducati performance display: an accessorized Desmosedici RR; the infamous Martini 1098 S; and a Monster 696 featuring custom "sharpie" graphics by Roland Sands Design.
And a fun tip, if you see a sharpie marking in your child's hand, just grab a wet sponge as fast as humanly possible.
RJ: Don't stay out all night before you have to appear on a morning show and always carry a sharpie in case someone wants you to autograph her breasts.
Â Secondly, despite being afraid of ruining another sharpie, no other pen writes well on gesso.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.