from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of Arabia, or a member of the Arabic race (now widely spread in Asia and Africa, and formerly in southern Europe); an Arabian, whether a civilized inhabitant of a city or a dweller in the desert, commonly known as a Bedawi (see Bedouin) or nomadic Ishmaelite.
- n. A neglected outcast of the streets, particularly an outcast boy or girl, often styled a street Arab, in allusion to the wandering Arabs.
- Of or pertaining to the Arabs or to Arabia; Arabic; Arabian: as, an Arab steed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa
- n. a spirited graceful and intelligent riding horse native to Arabia
Sorry, no etymologies found.