from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or time of being a woman.
- n. The composite of qualities thought to be appropriate to or representative of women.
- n. Women considered as a group: "The true worth of a race must be measured by the character of its womanhood” ( Mary McLeod Bethune).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being a woman.
- n. All the qualities typical of women.
- n. Women considered as a group.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being a woman; the distinguishing character or qualities of a woman, or of womankind.
- n. Women, collectively; womankind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Womanly state, character, or qualities; the state of being a woman.
- n. Women collectively; womankind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. women as a class
- n. the status of a woman
- n. the state of being an adult woman
woman + -hood (Wiktionary)