American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The state of being a woman.
- n. Femininity.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Womanhood; the state of puberty in a woman.
- n. Womanishness; womanliness.
- n. The state or quality of being a woman, the features of woman's nature.
- n. The coordinate term to virility, in an analogy with the coordinate terms of femininity and masculinity.
- n. Femininity, specifically the feminine form of adult woman.
- n. Attainment of womanhood; (medicine) state of puberty in a female
- n. A state of womanhood, in contrast to maidenhood.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being a woman or of possessing full womanly powers; womanhood; -- correlate of
- n. Effeminancy; softness.
- n. the trait of behaving in ways considered typical for women
- n. the state of being an adult woman
- From Latin muliebritās, from muliēbris ("womanly, feminine"), from mulier ("woman") (Wiktionary)
- Latin muliebritās, state of womanhood (in contrast with maidenhood), from muliebris, womanly, from mulier, woman. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The malison of her muliebrity allows niddering males opportunity for oppugnant vilipend.”
“Paul, I vaticinate that the mansuetude of your response will bring out the best of my muliebrity.”
“Apparently muliebrity means "the condition of being a woman", which is absolutely something that needs its own word.”
“With mansuetude compossible with my muliebrity, I condemn those niddering, olid morons who, in caliginosity of understanding, vilipend our English by attempting to exuviate words for which they cannot see any present custom.”
“And having thought upon it a hundred and five times, I know not what else to determine therein, save only that in the devising, hammering, forging, and composing of the woman she hath had a much tenderer regard, and by a great deal more respectful heed to the delightful consortship and sociable delectation of the man, than to the perfection and accomplishment of the individual womanishness or muliebrity.”
“There was a little toss in their movement, full of muliebrity.”
“Of this fact there can be no possible doubt; and therefore you shall notice, that, if a fast horse trots before two, one of the twain is apt to be a pretty bit of muliebrity, with shapes to her, and eyes flying about in all directions.”
“The health of American wives, their muliebrity or womanly power, is sapped in various ways.”
“Bradley, a little irritated, he knew not why, at the scrutiny of this tall, handsome, gentlemanly-looking woman, who, however, in spite of her broad shoulders and narrow hips possessed a refined muliebrity superior to mere womanliness of outline, turned slightly towards Sir Robert.”
“Miss Darley smiled rather faintly; the imagery was not just to her taste: femineity often finds it very hard to accept the fact of muliebrity.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘muliebrity’.
you name the setting
I've tuned mine to be gentler and kinder
following suit is not mandatory but would be appreciated
More words for intermediate and advanced spellers.
Before you take that medication, you'd better read the warning label.
Nouns meaning womanliness, womanhood or womanishness
a motley crew of words i enjoy
Catch-all for things culled from Weird and Wonderful Words, More Weird and Wonderful Words, and Totally Weird and Wonderful Words, by Erin McKean, et al.
These are words that I have learnt over the years and want to remember
I have a list for words learned from Newsweek; here's where I keep all the stuff from other shit I read.
Except when I'm looking stuff up and find new words that way. Those go on their...
Looking for tweets for muliebrity.