from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being a woman.
- n. Femininity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being a woman, the features of woman's nature.
- n. The coordinate term to virility, in an analogy with the coordinate terms of femininity and masculinity.
- n. Femininity, specifically the feminine form of an adult woman.
- n. Attainment of womanhood; (medicine) state of puberty in a female
- n. A state of womanhood, in contrast to maidenhood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being a woman or of possessing full womanly powers; womanhood; -- correlate of
- n. Effeminancy; softness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Womanhood; the state of puberty in a woman.
- n. Womanishness; womanliness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of behaving in ways considered typical for women
- n. the state of being an adult woman
Latin muliebritās, state of womanhood (in contrast with maidenhood), from muliebris, womanly, from mulier, woman.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin muliebritās, from muliēbris ("womanly, feminine"), from mulier ("woman") (Wiktionary)