from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is starving or being starved.
- adj. Starving.
- adj. Poor in quality; inadequate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is thin from lack of food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, pines from lack of food, or nutriment.
- adj. Hungry; lean; pining with want.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A starving or starved person; an animal or a plant that is made thin or lean and weak through want of nourishment.
- Starving (from hunger or cold); hungry; lean; pining with want.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who is starving (or being starved)
starve + -ling (Wiktionary)