from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An experience or event that reveals, enlightens, or informs; something that causes learning, revelation, realization, or increased awareness.
- n. An alcoholic beverage consumed first thing in the morning. A euphemism used by those offering or consuming alcohol in the morning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something that causes the eyes to open, or that opens the eyes, literally or figuratively.
- n. A draught of strong liquor, especially one taken in the morning; a strong drink; a horn.
- n. Information or an experience that enables one to comprehend what before he had failed to see the meaning of; that which gives one sudden discernment as to things with which he has to do: as, overhearing that remark proved an eye-opener to me.
Sorry, no etymologies found.