from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting territory around Biloxi Bay in southeast Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The extinct Siouan language of the Biloxi.
- A city of southeast Mississippi on a peninsula between Biloxi Bay and Mississippi Sound on the Gulf of Mexico. Old Biloxi was settled by the French in 1699. Population: 44,300.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Mississippi, USA.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Siouan people of southeastern Mississippi
- n. an old town in southern Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico
- n. the Siouan language spoken by the Biloxi
Alteration of Biloxi taneks anya, first people.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)