from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that caves.
- n. One who explores or studies caves, especially as a sport or recreational pursuit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who explores caves; a spelunker.
- n. One who works the tailings of a mine to extract small pieces of marketable ore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person stealing ore from the mines in Derbyshire, England, and punishable in the barmote or miners' court.
- n. An officer belonging to the Derbyshire mines.
- n. A gentle breeze.
From cave + -er. (Wiktionary)