American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A special parachute with winglike extensions that lifts a rider in its harness up and through the air when towed by an automobile or motorboat.
- v. To be pulled into the air while harnessed to such a parachute.
- n. A wing-shaped parachute that lifts a rider in a harness when towed by a motorboat etc
- v. To take part in the recreational activity of parasailing.
- n. parachute that will lift a person up into the air when it is towed by a motorboat or a car
- para(chute) + sail. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“HAHO: High Altitude High Opening, which is a more recent technique, in which the conventional parachute becomes more of a steerable glider, sometimes called a "parasail".”
“Above my head, the parasail canopy displays the Bahamian flag: gold, black, aquamarine.”
“She leans forward, the parasail shirt flapping open to reveal the upper slope of her Alpine breasts.”
“A parasailing donkey video is making news, as an animal cruelty investigation has been initiated for the use of a donkey on a parasail in an advertising campaign.”
“Inside, the paper promised: "She will NEVER have to parasail again.”
“If you don't think runway landings are feasible, use a parasail, but definitely -- do a lifting entry with land landing.”
“Police in southern Russia have launched an animal cruelty investigation after a tour operator forced a donkey to parasail over the sea.”
“Amateur video footage shows men attaching a parasail harness to the mule before launching it from a beach near the village of Golubitskaya.”
“The next day, he talked me into taking our three-year-old up with us on a parasail.”
“The sound was littered with Hobie Cats and Sunfish and windsurfers, and in the distance, a parasail soared above the water.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘parasail’.
List of words, terms, and phrases pertaining to or referencing anything that lives, traverses, moves in, uses, or otherwise occupies the space above the ground we walk on. Words and phrases contain...
Looking for tweets for parasail.