from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A special parachute with winglike extensions that lifts a rider in its harness up and through the air when towed by an automobile or motorboat.
- intransitive v. To be pulled into the air while harnessed to such a parachute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wing-shaped parachute that lifts a rider in a harness when towed by a motorboat etc
- v. To take part in the recreational activity of parasailing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. parachute that will lift a person up into the air when it is towed by a motorboat or a car
para(chute) + sail.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)