from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody who practises spiritualism; somebody who believes in the possibility of communication with the dead; somebody who attempts to communicate with the dead.
- adj. Pertaining to spiritualism; spiritualistic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who professes a regard for spiritual things only; one whose employment is of a spiritual character; an ecclesiastic.
- n. One who maintains the doctrine of spiritualism.
- n. One who believes in direct intercourse with departed spirits, through the agency of persons commonly called mediums, by means of physical phenomena; one who attempts to maintain such intercourse; a spiritist.
- adj. Spiritualistic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who professes a regard for spiritual things only; also, one whose employment is spiritual.
- n. One who accepts philosophical spiritualism. See spiritualism, 2.
- n. One who believes that intercourse may be and is held with departed spirits, especially through the agency of a medium; one who claims to hold such intercourse. Also called spiritist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead
- adj. of or relating to or connected with spiritualism
Sorry, no etymologies found.