from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that induces, especially a substance that is capable of activating transcription from specific genes within a cell.
- n. A part or structure in an embryo that influences the differentiation of another part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who induces
- n. a molecule that starts gene expression
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, induces or incites.
- n. A substance which, when it contacts a living cell, causes the activation of a gene.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which induces, persuades, or influences.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who tries to persuade or induce or lead on
- n. an agent capable of activating specific genes
to induce + -er (Wiktionary)