from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disease caused by the sporozoan Toxoplasma gondii, especially:
- n. A congenital disease characterized by lesions of the central nervous system that can cause blindness and brain damage.
- n. An acquired disease characterized by fever, swollen lymph nodes, and lesions in the liver, heart, lungs, and brain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a parasitic disease caused by the parasite Toxoplasma gondii
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. infection caused by parasites transmitted to humans from infected cats; if contracted by a pregnant woman it can result in serious damage to the fetus
Toxoplasma + -osis (Wiktionary)