from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Based on precise facts.
- adv. Having the skills or talent required for a certain job or profession.
- adv. According to the current state of science.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a technical manner; according to the signification of terms as used in any art, business, or profession.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a technical manner; according to the signification of terms of art or the professions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with regard to technical skill and the technology available
- adv. with regard to technique
- adv. according to the exact meaning; according to the facts
"We are," said I, "the discoverers of James Skaw, which makes us technically the finders of the ice-preserved herd of mammoths -- _technically_, you understand.
While the term technically applies to anyone who steals from a drunken person, most police officers reserve it for a special kind of thief who uses straight-edge razors found in any hardware store.
Max WEBER developed the term technically to refer to a system of managerial control.
Having thus, in this sort of general way, sketched to you what I may call, perhaps, the architecture of the body of the horse (what we term technically its Morphology), I must now turn to another aspect.
Having thus, in this sort of general way, sketched to you what I may call, perhaps, the architecture of the body of the Horse (what we term technically its Morphology), I must now turn to another aspect.
While the term technically refers to any disease that affects the cardiovascular system, it is usually used to refer to those related to atherosclerosis (arterial disease).
The term technically means an organism that consists of both natural and artificial elements, but in popular culture a cyborg is usually a human enhanced by technology.
Fatah, still headed by President Mahmoud Abbas, even though his term technically ended on Jan. 9, 2009, has surface control in the West Bank.
The question is: what will this ultimately mean about Karzai's constitutional legitimacy once his term technically expires, and yet there he is, still in office.
This technically is a re-ask from late last night.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.