American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A feeling of attraction or love; fondness.
- n. Preference or taste.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being pleased with something; favor; approval; inclination; pleasure: as, one's liking for a friend; he took a liking to the place.
- n. A favorable or pleasing condition; attractive appearance; comeliness; in general, appearance.
- n. Synonyms Predilection, attachment, etc. See love.
- Pleasing; comely; good-looking.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. obsolete Looking; appearing. See like, to look.
- n. Obs. or Prov. Eng. The state of being pleasing; a suiting. See On liking, below.
- n. The state of being pleased with, or attracted toward, some thing or person; hence, inclination; desire; pleasure; preference; -- often with for, formerly with to.
- n. Archaic Appearance; look; figure; state of body as to health or condition.
- n. a feeling of pleasure and enjoyment
“Even less to my liking is the additive, "in your opinion," that some companions have been in the habit of appending to my absolute statements about the way the world works.”
“Much more to my liking is the sly, sweet, smutty super-hero satire delivered by Adam Warren in his ongoing Empowered series, now in its fifth volume from Dark Horse.”
“I think default settings for applications are no biggy for anyone on this site to handle, and changing it to your liking is actually much easier in Mac OS X than Windows 7.”
“The only thing I haven't found to my liking is a refrigerator ...”
“It was only after I went to college, that I started to realize how much of the '80's music I really did like, and that I wasn't alone in liking those songs.”
“Expecting any given editor to always have a pick list to your liking is probably unrealistic.”
“The problem of apartment developers not being rich enough for their own liking is very real.”
“In my last post I talked about how I share Buffett's investment philosophy in liking to wait for the big fat pitches.”
“It's not a statement that only the exploitation purists are "right" in liking what they like; it's a usurpation of the concept of "proper fantasy" in an antitethetical stance, a turning of that prescriptivism back on itself.”
“I'm kind of with Chev Jim on that one in liking John McCain.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘liking’.
verbs Adj Adv noun
dedicated to my man Steven, without whom i would be addicted to drugs, lying in a gutter, hating myself, or hooking somewhere :)
Looking for tweets for liking.