from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An inclination, a tendency, or a preference. See Synonyms at predilection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tendency.
- v. Present participle of lean.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act, or state, of inclining; inclination; tendency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Inclination of the mind; mental tendency; bias; bent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of deviating from a vertical position
- adj. departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal
- n. an inclination to do something
- n. a natural inclination
- n. the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
Sorry, no etymologies found.