American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Heavier, larger, or higher on one side than on the other.
- adj. Sagging or leaning to one side.
- adj. Characterized by the domination of one competitor over another: a lopsided victory.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclining to one side; heavier or more developed on one side than on the other, physically or mentally.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Leaning to one side because of some defect of structure.
- adj. Unbalanced; poorly proportioned; having much more on one side than the other; -- also used metaphorically.
- adj. Full of idiosyncrasies.
- adj. having one side lower or smaller or lighter than the other
- adj. turned or twisted toward one side
“Also, many filibusters are solely used for delay, including for nominations that are never really debated on and result in lopsided votes.”
“When he played poorly, which happened too often, the Bears lost, often in lopsided fashion.”
“The stories are compiled from various sources however a delicious and unsettling theme that runs through a lot of the work is the exploration of young women compromising themselves in lopsided relationships with uncaring powerful men.”
“Linesmen: SummaryBack to topDevils jump on Thrashers early in lopsided 5-1 win”
“Schaub threw five interceptions and was sacked eight times in lopsided losses at Pittsburgh and Tennessee.”
“After struggling offensively in lopsided losses to Florida and Clemson, Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier decided to start quarterback Stephen Garcia, a highly regarded redshirt freshman from Tampa who was the centerpiece of his recruiting class in 2007.”
“It seems to me that different kinds of non-national cultural ecologies have now become possible but have not been fully realised, or have been played out in lopsided ways because of the persistence of the nation, and of empire.”
“It's so revealing that being even nowhere near pro-gun lopsided is now so often seized upon as being somehow akin to treason.”
“Indiana beat Washington in overtime in both teams 'season opener Oct. 31, but this one was pretty lopsided from the outset.”
“Saint Joseph's its first loss in lopsided fashion in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic Ten Conference tournament.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lopsided’.
words for shape
( randomness, visual. descriptive )
Beautiful, attractive, well-formed
Ugly, unattractive, malformed
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words as I learn them.
Words that have funny meanings or are just fun to say.
Words that I like, that I don't use often enough, that are new to me, that friends and family have taught me, and so on.
Looking for tweets for lopsided.