from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Asymmetrical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not symmetrical
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wanting in symmetry, or due proportion pf parts.
- adj. Not symmetrical; being without symmetry, as the parts of a flower when similar parts are of different size and shape, or when the parts of successive circles differ in number. See Symmetry.
- adj. Being without symmetry of chemical structure or relation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lacking symmetry; asymmetrical: specifically, in botany, said of such flowers as lack numerical symmetry—that is, have the parts in the different cycles of unequal number. See symmetrical, 5.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking symmetry
- adj. having unsymmetrical parts or unequal dimensions or measurements
Sorry, no etymologies found.