American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Asymmetrical.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lacking symmetry; asymmetrical: specifically, in botany, said of such flowers as lack numerical symmetry—that is, have the parts in the different cycles of unequal number. See symmetrical, 5.
- adj. Not symmetrical
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Wanting in symmetry, or due proportion pf parts.
- adj. (Biol.) Not symmetrical; being without symmetry, as the parts of a flower when similar parts are of different size and shape, or when the parts of successive circles differ in number. See Symmetry.
- adj. (Chem.) Being without symmetry of chemical structure or relation.
- adj. lacking symmetry
- adj. having unsymmetrical parts or unequal dimensions or measurements
“Wouldn't having only one eye treated leave you unsymmetrical?”
“I like it because it is so perfectly unsymmetrical, as if two entire different painters started and finished it. datingjesus”
“The tasks of preparing suitable ribosomal crystals for diffraction, and of interpreting the resulting X-ray diffraction patterns from such large and unsymmetrical entities, were at first widely viewed as impossible.”
“I ate one during my first advanced swimming lesson (YMCA, 1979, a modified Finnish backstroke), as I competed in my first school chess tournament, while taking the ACT exam, during my first real date (this was in college — I started late due to my enormous unsymmetrical ears), and also a green sour apple blow pop as I was encouraging a young lady to accept a large diamond.”
“The car's website says, "Symmetry is so last year," and apparently unsymmetrical is in.”
“Space shuttle flight director Kwatsi Alibaruho said this was caused by the massive and unsymmetrical bulk of the joined space station and shuttle, as well as the constant pull of Earth's gravity on the "stack.”
“Lastly, there are eleven action periods, derived by dividing the thirty lunar dates in a rather unsymmetrical manner.”
“Because of the unsymmetrical shape of the flagella, CW rotation causes tumbling.”
“This kind of theory is not unsymmetrical, because we can ask what the separated gas looks like either a little in the future or a little in the past.”
“Ever since I broke it during my freshman year of college, my face has been unsymmetrical.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unsymmetrical’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
Looking for tweets for unsymmetrical.