from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of bevel.
- adj. Having a bevel, especially at an edge
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed to a bevel angle; sloping.
- adj. Replaced by two planes inclining equally upon the adjacent planes, as an edge; having its edges replaced by sloping planes, as a cube or other solid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a bevel; formed with a bevel-angle.
- In mineralogy, replaced by two planes inclining equally upon the adjacent planes, as an edge; having its edges replaced as above, as a cube or other solid.
- In heraldry, broken by an acute angle: thus, in the cut under bevel, the blazon would be a chief vert, beveled.
- Beveled pieces of wood less than type-high.
Sorry, no etymologies found.