from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. At a slant or slope; obliquely.
- adj. Slanting; oblique.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. diagonal, in a direction or orientation between cardinal axes
- adv. diagonally, in a direction or orientation between cardinal axes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an inclined direction; obliquely; slopingly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Slantingly; slantly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. at a slant; moving or directed in a slantwise position or direction
slant + -wise (Wiktionary)