from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A display of partiality toward a favored person or group.
- n. The state of being held in special favor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of favouritism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The disposition to favor and promote the interest of one person or family, or of one class of men, to the neglect of others having equal claims; partiality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The disposition to favor one person or family, or one class of men, to the neglect of others having equal claims.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice
- n. an inclination to favor some person or group
Sorry, no etymologies found.