from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cadence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of cadence.
- n. Any systematic way of distinguishing similar coats of arms belonging to members of the same family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Descent of related families; distinction between the members of a family according to their ages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Regularity of movement; rhythmical accord.
- n. In heraldry, the relative status of younger sons. Also brisure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a recurrent rhythmical series
Sorry, no etymologies found.