from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who performs a religious rite or presides over a religious service or ceremony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who officiates at a religious ceremony (other than the Eucharist)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The officer who officiates or performs an office, as the burial office.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Eccles., one who officiates at or conducts a religious service; one who administers a sacrament or celebrates the eucharist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clergyman who officiates at a religious ceremony or service
Sorry, no etymologies found.