from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who travels through the woods, off the designated path.
- n. A person who lives in the bush, especially as a fugitive; a person who clears woods and bush country.
- n. A guerrilla (of either side) during the American Civil War.
- n. Someone who attacks without warning.
- n. A small, soft-floored inflatable boat (designed for use by one or two people).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One accustomed to beat about, or travel through, bushes.
- n. A guerrilla; a marauding assassin; one who pretends to be a peaceful citizen, but secretly harasses a hostile force or its sympathizers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One accustomed to sojourn in the woods, or beat about among bushes.
- n. In the civil war in the United States, a member of the irregular troops on the Confederate side engaged in guerrilla warfare; a guerrilla: a term applied by the Federal forces.
- n. A short heavy scythe for cutting bushes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Confederate guerrilla during the American Civil War
- n. a disparaging term for an unsophisticated person
From bush + whacker. (Wiktionary)