from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman with whom one is in love or has an intimate relationship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a female lover or woman with whom one is in love; a mistress
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman in love; a mistress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman with whom one is in love.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman with whom you are in love or have an intimate relationship
Italian innamorata, feminine of innamorato, inamorato; see inamorato.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the Italian innamorata, the feminine form of innamorato ("lover, boyfriend"), from innamorare ("to make somebody fall in love"), from in- ("in") + amore ("love"). (Wiktionary)