from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of stave.
- n. A casing or lining of staves, especially one encircling a water wheel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A casing or lining of staves; especially, one encircling a water wheel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Staves collectively, as those which form the curb about a turbine water-wheel.
- n. In forging, a method of shortening or compacting a heated bar by striking blows on its end.
- Excellent; exceeding: as, we had a staving good time.
Sorry, no etymologies found.