from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Desiring to drink.
- adj. Arid; parched: thirsty fields.
- adj. Craving something: thirsty for news.
- adj. Very absorbent: a thirsty sponge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Needing to drink.
- adj. Causing thirst; giving one a need to drink.
- adj. Craving something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Feeling thirst; having a painful or distressing sensation from want of drink; hence, having an eager desire.
- adj. Deficient in moisture; dry; parched.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Feeling thirst; suffering for want of drink.
- Dry; parched; arid.
- Vehemently desirous; craving: with after, for, etc.
- Sharp; eager; active.
- Causing thirst.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (usually followed by `for') extremely desirous
- adj. feeling a need or desire to drink
- adj. able to take in large quantities of moisture
- adj. needing moisture
Sorry, no etymologies found.