from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of adsorption.
- n. An adsorptive material, such as activated charcoal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to adsorb.
- n. The solid or liquid in the process of adsorption on which the adsorbate accumulates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having capacity or tendency to adsorb or cause to accumulate on a surface
- n. a material having capacity or tendency to adsorb another substance
Sorry, no etymologies found.