from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless, flammable, volatile liquid, CH3CH(OC2H5)2, used in cosmetics and as a solvent.
- n. Any of the class of compounds formed from aldehydes combined with alcohol.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any diether of a geminal diol, R2C(OR')2 (where R' does not = H).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A limpid, colorless, inflammable liquid from the slow oxidation of alcohol under the influence of platinum black.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colorless mobile liquid, C6H14O2, with an etherlike odor, produced by the imperfect oxidation of alcohol, under the influence of platinum black.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules
Fasteners are available in a broad range of sizes, and in more than 15 different types of materials from steel to brass to stainless steel to aluminum to titanium as well as plastics such as acetal, nylon, PVC and ceramic material.
The same way it works on muscles to make them not contract so the skin doesn't wrinkle, it -- the same substance contains acetal coli (ph) a neurotransmitter -- it actually stops the sweat gland from secreting the fluid.
Standard configurations include 2mm diameter screws with leads ranging from 0. 3mm to 2mm per revolution and a variety of nut configurations of self-lubricating acetal and Kerkite® High Performance Composite Polymers.
Standard configurations include 2mm diameter screws with leads ranging from 0.3 to 2mm per revolution and a variety of nut configurations of self-lubricating acetal and Kerkite
DuPont Engineering Polymers is boosting prices of nylon standard resins by 20¢/lb on July 1, by 10¢/lb for acetal resins, by 15¢/lb for polyester standard resins and higher-priced adjustments for various specialty resins.
Phenylacetaldehyde dimethyl acetal 101-48-4 2876 200 kg 103 248 Phenylethyl acetate
A welded D-ring adds strength on the leash clip and acetal hardware keeps the product light and strong.
Made of pre-lubricated, non-magnetic black acetal, these drives, identified as the A 6M
He has devised many practical and useful protecting groups using acetal chemistry.
Spring Washers are molded in an acetal material that has excellent spring properties, is light-weight and inexpensive.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.