from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of one who suffers; the bearing of pain or distress.
- n. An instance of pain or distress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Experiencing pain. syn.
- n. The condition of someone who suffers; a state of pain or distress.
- v. Present participle of suffer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bearing of pain, inconvenience, or loss; pain endured; distress, loss, or injury incurred
- adj. Being in pain or grief; having loss, injury, distress, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The bearing of pain, inconvenience, or loss; also, pain endured; distress, loss, or injury incurred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very unhappy; full of misery
- n. misery resulting from affliction
- n. feelings of mental or physical pain
- n. psychological suffering
- adj. troubled by pain or loss
- n. a state of acute pain
Sorry, no etymologies found.