from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or as if by audible or noisy breathing: a breathy voice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Accompanied by audible breathing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of breath.
- In phonetics, accompanied with breath; pronounced with open glottis; uttered with breath.
- Characterized by a conspicuous use of the breath: said usually of vocal sounds in which breath is needlessly and faultily wasted.
breath + -y (Wiktionary)