from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of making woven material on a loom.
- n. A piece of such material.
- n. An unsteady motion back and forth.
- v. Present participle of weave.
- v. gerund of weave
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who, or that which, weaves; the act or art of forming cloth in a loom by the union or intertexture of threads.
- n. An incessant motion of a horse's head, neck, and body, from side to side, fancied to resemble the motion of a hand weaver in throwing the shuttle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who or that which weaves; specifically, the act or art of producing cloth or other textile fabrics by means of a loom from the combination of threads or filaments.
- n. In the manège, the action of a horse that weaves, or moves the body from side to side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. creating fabric
Sorry, no etymologies found.