from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of making woven material on a loom.
- n. A piece of such material.
- n. An unsteady motion back and forth.
- v. Present participle of weave.
- v. gerund of weave
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who, or that which, weaves; the act or art of forming cloth in a loom by the union or intertexture of threads.
- n. An incessant motion of a horse's head, neck, and body, from side to side, fancied to resemble the motion of a hand weaver in throwing the shuttle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who or that which weaves; specifically, the act or art of producing cloth or other textile fabrics by means of a loom from the combination of threads or filaments.
- n. In the manège, the action of a horse that weaves, or moves the body from side to side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. creating fabric
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Spinning and weaving in ancient times were principally performed by women; indeed, the words _woof_, _weaving_, and _web_ are allied to the word _wife_.
What cues helped direct you in weaving this novel together?
Especially in Haciahmetli village weaving is done traditionally through use of madder roots.
PendlePendle's wealth was founded on the cotton trade – 60% of the working population were employed in weaving in the 1950s.
What resources helped direct you in weaving this novel together?
Duany has largely succeeded in weaving his new homes into the block.
We have a responsibility to ourselves to honour the gift or talent we hold in weaving this story and
Mind, heâs a fascinating mind to behold in weaving a multitude of topics and lores together, but âtis seven long volumes, lad.
Carpet weaving is a skill that is decreasing as education of women increase.
All the weaving is done by men who have set up looms in their homes.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.