from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A netlike formation or structure; a network.
- n. Zoology The second compartment of the stomach of ruminant mammals, lined with a membrane having honeycombed ridges.
- n. A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Dorado and Horologium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A network
- n. A pattern of interconnected objects.
- n. : The second stomach in a cow or other ruminant
Latin rēticulum, diminutive of rēte, net.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin reticulum ("net"). (Wiktionary)