from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the mouth open.
- adj. Gaping in astonishment or wonder.
- adj. Loudly insistent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Talkative, speaking freely.
- adj. With the mouth open.
- adj. Gaping in surprise, wonder or astonishment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the mouth open; gaping; hence, greedy; clamorous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the mouth open.
- Clamorous; vociferous.
- Greedy; ravenous; clamoring at the sight of game or prey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. with eyes or mouth open in surprise
Sorry, no etymologies found.