from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a pale face; pallid.
- adj. Having a white face or a white patch extending from the muzzle to the forehead: a white-faced antelope; white-faced cattle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a white or pale face, as from fear or illness.
- Having a white front or surface.
- Marked with white on the front of the head, as a bird or other animal
- The blue-winged teal. See cut under teal
Sorry, no etymologies found.