from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science dealing with the techniques and procedures of operating guns.
- n. The use of guns.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science of guns and gunfire including aspects of bullet flight and impact.
- n. The design and manufacture of guns, particularly those of a large caliber.
- n. A place where guns are tested, or where people are trained in their use
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of military science which comprehends the theory of projectiles, and the manner of constructing and using ordnance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The use of guns: same as gunning.
- n. Specifically The art and science of firing guns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. guns collectively
gun + -ery (Wiktionary)