American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The art, sport, or skill of shooting with a bow and arrow.
- n. The equipment of an archer.
- n. A group of archers.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The use of the bow and arrow; the practice, art, or skill of archers; the art of shooting with a bow and arrow.
- n. Archers collectively.
- n. In old law, a service of keeping a bow for the lord's defense.
- n. uncountable The practice or sport of shooting arrows with a bow.
- n. countable A group of archers.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The use of the bow and arrows in battle, hunting, etc.; the art, practice, or skill of shooting with a bow and arrows.
- n. Archers, or bowmen, collectively.
- n. the sport of shooting arrows with a bow
- From Old French archerie, from archier ("archer"). See archer. (Wiktionary)
“Strength in archery is not only the muscle power required to draw a bow, but also to maintain balance and stay steady as you aim.”
“(In real life, she has competed in archery at the Olympics.)”
“Anyone under the age of 50 or someone with no disability should not be able to use a crossbow in archery season.”
“Crossboss are legal now in archery season here and one of our club's members got a high speed xbow and set it up in his rifle rest to sight it in.”
“Yes | No | Report from tbogg10 wrote 1 week 6 days ago wow i always thought the 30/06 was the most popular big game rifle, but archery is no surprise because of the amount of time it allows in the woods.”
“Having done a fair amount of hunting with both venues, I can agree with the crowd, archery is just a different critter.”
“Because a good shot in archery has to do more with the person shooting the bow than the equipment itself.”
“Yes | No | Report from peter wrote 30 weeks 5 days ago im sick of crossbows in archery, they should only be allowed in rifle and muzzleloader, period.”
“Yes | No | Report from peter wrote 33 weeks 3 days ago im sick of crossbows in archery, they should only be allowed in rifle and muzzleloader, period.”
“The rifle hunters do not want even more deer killed in archery before they hunt, and archers know its nothing more than a lazy mans shortcut.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘archery’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
All things to do with the modern Summer Olympics
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
These sports only matter when your country's medal count is at stake
Looking for tweets for archery.