from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The climbing of mountains for sport, usually incorporating the skills of rock climbing and climbing on ice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the sport of climbing mountains
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Climbing mountains as a sport.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of climbing mountains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activity of climbing a mountain
Sorry, no etymologies found.