from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the physical geography of mountains and mountain ranges.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the scientific study, or a physical description of mountains
- n. the orographic features of a region
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of science which treats of mountains and mountain systems; orology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That division of physical geography or physiography which has to do with the relations and development of the mountain-chains of the regions described.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the science of mountains
oro- + -graphy (Wiktionary)