American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A game played by two teams on a rectangular court divided by a high net, in which both teams use up to three hits to ground the ball on the opposing team's side of the net.
- n. The inflated, spherical ball used in this game.
- n. uncountable A game played on a rectangular court between two teams of two to six players which involves striking a ball back and forth over a net.
- n. countable The inflated ball used in such a game.
- n. an inflated ball used in playing volleyball
- n. a game in which two teams hit an inflated ball over a high net using their hands
“Ballet and ski wear and volleyball is something you do on the court or the dance floor or the slopes.”
“Tequila volleyball is superior to all other forms of volleyball.”
“If their skills seem to be a match made in volleyball heaven, their temperaments on the sand also complement each other.”
“Beach volleyball is a sport with a long tradition of partner-swapping.”
“And beach volleyball is the only sport I can think of in which the men players wear more than the women players.”
“And beach volleyball is great unedited letting see the cheerleaders and crowd go nuts during timeouts.”
“Of course volleyball is dangerous, just look at the descriptions they use in the game: Spike, volley (of bullets), smash, attack, hit, bump ...”
“Also lettered three times in volleyball as a middle blocker and outside hitter.”
“His mom lettered in volleyball and basketball in college.”
“ATHENS (AP) China moved a step closer to its first gold medal in volleyball since 1984, sweeping Japan in three sets in the quarterfinals Tuesday.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘volleyball’.
A list of games and sports played with a ball, including names of the courts, fields and pitches in which they are played.
I'll start the list with Basque pelota, which is played in Id...
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Looking for tweets for volleyball.