from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A game played by two teams on a rectangular court divided by a high net, in which both teams use up to three hits to ground the ball on the opposing team's side of the net.
- n. The inflated, spherical ball used in this game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A game played on a rectangular court between two teams of two to six players which involves striking a ball back and forth over a net.
- n. The inflated ball used in such a game.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inflated ball used in playing volleyball
- n. a game in which two teams hit an inflated ball over a high net using their hands
Sorry, no etymologies found.