from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of beheading someone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of beheading or state of one beheaded; -- especially used of the execution of St. John the Baptist.
- n. A painting representing the beheading of a saint or martyr, esp. of St. John the Baptist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of beheading; decapitation; the state of one beheaded.
- n. Specifically In surgery, the removal of the head of the child in cases of difficult parturition.
- n. In conchology, the removal—by death, growth, or accident—of the upper whorls of a spiral shell after the animal has ceased to occupy them. See cut in middle column.
From the Latin decollatus, from de + collum. (Wiktionary)