from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The killing of one's brother or sister.
- n. One who has killed one's brother or sister.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The killing of one's brother (or sister).
- n. A person who commits this crime.
- n. The intentional or unintentional killing of a comrade in arms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who murders or kills his own brother.
- n. One who murders or kills his own brother.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who murders or kills a brother.
- n. The act of murdering or killing a brother.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who murders their brother or sister
- n. fire that injures or kills an ally
- n. the murder of your sibling
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin frātricīdium and frātricīda : frāter, frātr-, brother; see bhrāter- in Indo-European roots + -cīdium and -cīda, -cide.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin frater ("brother") + caedere ("to kill"). (Wiktionary)