from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chemical substance used to kill insects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A substance used to kill insects
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An agent or preparation for destroying insects; an insect powder or spray.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which kills insects.
- n. The act of killing insects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chemical used to kill insects
insect + -cide (Wiktionary)